Wednesday 26 September 2012

Some Like It Hot!

    Some Like It Hot


This an old black and white film, I usually hate black and white films because i usually get bored really quickly but for some reason I loved this film. It has the one and only Marilyn Monroe who plays a stereo typical dumb blonde , but she is not the only star. The film starts of with two men musicians, who witness a mafia killing. Soon realising that they must run away before the mafia kill them they plan to join an all woman band, tis is when Marilyn comes in, she plays the main singer named Sugar Kane who performs in the band the two men manage to to join the band who are planning to go to Miami to perform in a hotel.

 One of the men, Joe, falls in love Sugar and tries his hardest to live his life as a 'woman' and 'a rich millionaire' at the same time! In the meantime the other man (Jerry), as a woman, gets persuaded to go out to dance with a millionaire named Osgood. They dance the tango all through the night and Jerry came back to his room telling Joe some big news...

This film is funny and a bit like and 1950's version of a rom-com! It is one of me and my mum's favourite films, I think one of the main reasons I love this film so much was because it ahs Marilyn Monroe in it! Yay! 

I think it could have had a little bit more of a storyline but i guess that is the nature of films like that!

Rating: 8/10

Age: 9/10-adult

Recommendation: High!


I managed to find the original movie trailer and here it is...



and the link to buy it off amazon


Hope you like it (if you see it) and thanks for reading!


4 comments:

  1. Brilliant - this is a film that I saw years ago and you have helpfully reminded me that it is high time I watched it again!
    This was also a very well structured and nicely personal post - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your reviews! They are great!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your reviews, keep going, they're great xxx

    ReplyDelete